Monday, June 28, 2010

life welcoming me back ...


Am happy as a puppy this very moment , reflect a little back and i have been in this mode for quite some time now ! * grinning and nodding my head* at the same time.

For quite some time now my life took a trip down the "dull regular lane" and when i looked around , i used to wonder what happened, rather when did it happen ... is god or lets say fate mistaking me for someone else, cause this wasn't the plan, life was so pepped up with happiness big and small so uummm... is it a wrong turn or a misread direction that happened to me ...?!

But wwwooowww what a come back, as i was kind of enduring to it, life patted me on my shoulder and when i looked around 'whoa' my old way found me ! it was hunky Dory once again !! Just a step away when i went , it seemed the wrong turn never happened, as if i was holding a eraser all along.. just forgot which pocket i kept it !

And so i went from being a tiny food critic to a big girl all alone in the oldest part of Delhi to a traveler and a bag packer !

Whoa Whoa !!! hold on, thats a lot of "first timer" together for me .... i guess life was just taking a tiny nap, stretching a little... and all that i missed was given back to me. I somehow like the collection of all these small packages together as one.

1. ) INTERCONTINENTAL GRAND - So there i was, walking on my office floor ... chatting and laughing, when a colleague of mine (Nachiketa) walked up to me and proposed me this offer, it took me a couple of seconds to seep it through. But once i got it, am sure there was a twinkle in my eye ... thanks to my Blogs, i was being invited to Intercontinental Grand for lunch in their Chinese restaurant "Empress of China" as a food critic, who could talk about them ; and it dosent end here, after gorging on some truly delicious and authentic Chinese food we were given dim-sum making classes ... and all for free !!! absolutely right .. you heard me ! Not only was it an experience of a kind, but also a truly unexpected and joyful honor for me, which i am going to cherish for always.

2.) JAMAMASJID, Delhi 6 - The most yummiest food ! Living in Delhi since my child hood and for the first time i went there, a couple of Sundays back. Heard so much about the food and i must say every word of it was true, the company the ambiance and the oh so mouth watering aroma of the food that we ate. A wholesome treat in itself.

3.) KAMPLAND (Sigri Nanital) - Sigh ! the place would make you melt like a butter, it sure was one fun filled trip . A little painful, but nonetheless quite a change from office life (irony - with office people hahaha)! nothing better then a relaxing weekend in such a beautiful place with nature enveloping you from all around. And the best part about being surrounded with natural beauty is that its so unpredictable! one day its sunny, and suddenly the black clouds whhooosshh down to you and it rains! It had all - lovely scenic beauty, trekking, photography, good food, bonfire and a lovely two days with friends.

4.) SAHRANPUR, down the memory lane - the cliché fits in well here "last but not the least" :P after so many years after my grandparents passed away i went to Sahranpur this weekend, and trust you me till Saturday night i didn't knew i was going. But by golly , trips as unplanned as this one hold the maximum amount of joy, where my darling mom next to me was as excited as a little five year old narrating me every turn and twist of the lanes of her home town, happily showing me her journey from her school to college to her first clinic there! What can i say, i never thought i could forget Delhi at a place Like Sahranpur. Though went there to attend a wedding ( the son of the lady who hooked my parent together !!!!! I had to write this); and it indeed was a fabulous weeding, as good as a one that you would witness in Delhi. The preparations was stunning, so was the menu ! :D Within a short span of time (of one day) i did things i never did before (or did in some BC long forgotten) :

- ate mangoes on road, with many onlookers staring ... recognizing the different types and slurping on the tastes !

- walked in dingy old lanes, with 3 inches heels.

- Slept under a perfectly moonlight sky with cool soothing breeze brushing past me.

- ate pure butter !

- had the rain wake me up at 4 am !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now reading THIS makes me all the more jealous!!!

Darn, love the way you've written it, expressed your mood beautifully! I could actually imagine you here, hushing and gushing about your week! :)

Nikhil said...

Well thats a great way to overcome ur griedf :) well its any day better than siting idle and eating chocolates.... so much stuff in so less time..

Anonymous said...

Sounds pretty adventurous :) wish I was a part of it as well......would rally like to explore Delhi with u onceee :)

Anshul Kulshrestha said...

So blogging has finally started to pay off.. :) it is very inspiring for budding bloggers like me.
At the same time, I am also jealous of you for getting to travel so much.. X-(
From what I see, you are amazing photographer, amazing blogger, travel a lot and if I am correct, most of it has turned up in this one year.
Given this, you deserve all this happiness..
keep travelling, keep taking pictures and keep writing... we all love it

Unknown said...

wow!!!!GR8 reading...I had one of your experiences(Kampland)I agree all your views for the nautral beauty.It is so peaceful.Keep posting such adventures.Its really refreshing.Good luck!!!

Unknown said...

wel baby nw m nt angry dat u didnt ask me to come along...i m enjoyin it here ;) <3

n btw u forgot to mention pizza hut trip...ebony wid ivory... :P

Deepika said...

jharu...m glad to c u r back:)...d words r sooo u..d chirpy,rolling,laughin-jharu..who used to cum ovr my head jst 1mins bfore d xam n used to say"deeps,eh..bata na yar..kya kya padhna hai":).d dimsum classes sound funnn!m sooo gona make u make thm fr me..pls::)...n jama masjid is due in decmbr:)...kampland ,saharanpur..each word of it ws mesimerisin:).keep writtin...kudos